People often ask me how do I stay flexible, what do I eat, what do I do? Here you are!!
1. An alkaline body is a flexible body. Pack yourself with an alkaline diet: fresh fruits and dark leafy greens, legumes, unsalted nuts.
2. Raw apple cider vinegar and green tea are highly alkaline for my body.
3. Stay away from any form of sugar, red meat and dairy products. These foods cause an inflammatory response that contributes to muscle pain and stiffness in the joints. Our body intelligence is trying to fight off these irritating foods by creating an inflammatory response. For example, if you get bitten by a snake on your leg, the leg swells. It’s a sign your body is fighting the venom, the swelling that is the inflammation. So imagine you’re eating all these irritating foods that are resulting in swelling in your cells all over the body? It’s painful to bend a swollen body!
4. Kick off your coffee habits. Coffee is extremely acidic. Also, it’s dehydrating and that causes stiffness.
5. Low sodium diet is important. With elevated sodium levels, our bodies hold on to fluid and again that’s causing the swelling in our joints.
6. Bikram yoga, the original hot yoga keeps me hot and bendy!!!
7. In Yoga, it’s about mind and body connection. In order for us to have a flexible body, it’s very important we have a flexible mind in terms of our dietary intake. If you’re nervous or frustrated about body is being a bit tight that day, guess what’s gonna happen?